Your security is important to us. These pages are hosted on secure servers which encrypt all sensitive data.
We accept the following credit and debit cards:
Our payments are processed using Card (Worldpay)
When you confirm your purchase of tickets you are accepting that the following terms and conditions between The Charleston Trust (Bloomsbury in Sussex) and yourself.
· Tickets are subject to availability and receipt of payment by The Charleston Trust (“Charleston”).
· An order for tickets is not complete until we send an email to confirm the success of your purchase.
· You are responsible for ensuring that you have input your details correctly. Charleston takes no responsibility for missing tickets owing to customer errors.
· No ticket may be resold.
· Online discounts or offers are available for limited quantities and periods only and will not be available on bookings made by phone or in person (unless stated otherwise).
· Prices are inclusive of any applicable taxes.
· Charleston reserves the right to discount tickets and make special offers at any time prior to or on the date that the event takes place. Full-priced tickets cannot be exchanged for a special offer or discounted ticket.
· Friends of Charleston must bring their Friends membership card(s) to the event or you may be asked to pay the full price.
· Art Fund members must bring their Art Fund National Art Pass membership card(s) to the event or you may be asked to pay the full price.
· Holders of concessions tickets (Green/Students/Unemployed or on benefits) must bring proof of their qualification or you will be asked to pay the full admission price and no refunds will be given.
· Charleston will charge a nominal booking fee on all ticket transactions. This fee will be defined at the time of purchase.
Cancellation rights and refunds
· Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased excluding Creative Workshops where a full refund is offered for cancelations made up to 14 days before the date of the workshop .
· Tickets that are returned to Charleston may be resold and the proceeds treated as a donation.
· If an event is rescheduled, changed or moved, Charleston will give you the option of either retaining or exchanging your tickets for the new date/location, or alternatively claiming a refund. If an event is cancelled you will be offered a refund. Please note that the Transaction Fee is not refundable.
· Charleston will contact you via email to alert you to event changes.
· Refunds will usually be paid, using the same method you used to buy the tickets, within 30 days of the original date of the event
Delivery and collection
· Depending on the event, tickets will either be despatched to you via email or by post or made available for collection at the venue box office.
· You will be notified by phone, email or in writing (using the contact details provided by you) if there any problems with the despatch of your tickets.
· You must inform Charleston of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the tickets.
· To collect tickets at the box office you must bring proof of purchase to your event, either as a print-out or on your phone.
· Always check your tickets upon receipt and advise us promptly of any errors.
· Charleston is not liable for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
Data protection, privacy and communication
· By purchasing tickets online you hereby agree to receive information related to your event. We will not contact you for any other purpose unless you opt in to receive communication from us.
· We will not share your information for any purpose without your consent.
· On rare occasions an event may be photographed, filmed or recorded. Buying a ticket affirms your consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself as a member of the audience. If you have any objection, should this happen when you attend a show or event, please contact a member of staff.
· For events involving children or vulnerable adults, we will ask guardians/carers for written permission to photograph, film and/or record participants.
· Personal photography, audio and video recording is NOT permitted in the House and during workshops and events. You will be asked to stop and may have your equipment confiscated and data deleted at the artist’s request.
· Charleston reserves the right to alter tour times without prior notice if necessary. Every effort will be made to publicise this fact and to contact holders of pre-booked tickets but we cannot guarantee this will be possible.
· Spaces on tours and entry times are strictly limited.
· Please arrive in good time for your booked tour/entry time. Latecomers will only be admitted when and where possible. No refunds will be given if you are late and miss your tour/entry time.
· Charleston reserves the right to ask visitors who cause unreasonable disturbance in the museum to leave.
· Charleston is a rural farm site with many uneven surfaces. If you have any concerns regarding access, please contact a member of the Charleston staff to discuss your requirements prior to your visit.
· Visitors with accessibility requirements who would otherwise be unable to visit the House or attend workshops/events without help may apply for one free ticket to bring along an ‘Access Assistant’. Free tickets are subject to availability.
· The lower ground floor of the House is wheelchair accessible, as are Charleston’s workshop spaces, marquee and event venues. However, there is uneven ground in the car park and across site. Accessible parking is available as are accessible toilets.
Extra notes for workshops, festivals and events
· All courses, walks, talks, performances, workshops and masterclasses are open to anyone aged 16 and over, unless advertised otherwise (i.e. children’s event/workshop)
· Age restrictions for children’s workshops will be detailed in brochures, on Charleston’s website and additional publicity material. It is the responsibility of the customer to check age restrictions prior to purchasing the ticket.
· Latecomers will be admitted at suitable breaks in the workshop or event to limit disturbance.
· While we endeavour to ensure the accuracy of publicity material, we reserve the right to make changes to workshops and events as necessary. You will be notified of significant changes wherever this is reasonably possible.
· Charleston is not liable for any loss or inconvenience that occurs as a result of inaccurate information that appears in external publications or websites (e.g. listings, editorials).
· Charleston is not liable for any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the event or the cancellation of the event.
· Charleston accepts no responsibility of the loss or damage of personal belongings while on site.
· Charleston reserves the right to ask customers who cause unreasonable disturbance during a workshop or event to leave. Unreasonable disturbance is determined by the Public Programmes team and is dependent on events.
· Babes in arms (children under two years) are welcome to all Charleston events, however parents are asked to select seats that allow easy exit from the venue should your baby become restless.